Meeting Notes 2015 08 18
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Yemel: argentina, works for a company in SF. worked remotely in Buenos Aires and rented a place where they all worked together. hacked projs in spare time. interested in the concept of a hacker space
- Paul: from montreal
- Jack: DC and boston. moved here in nov.
- Sloan: sf been involved in this space for a while
- Dan: conneticut, went to school in Philly, been here a year.
- Gordon: works with yemel, read homeland and read about noisebridge. found a hackerspace in atlanta.
- Joyti: lawyer, but teaching herself to code. hoping to become philanthropist
- Andrew: makes music and games. likes creating stuff
- Ami: introduced through mari. here for Unity class.
- Luis: makes art and games. also here for runity
- Yoshi: from japan. majoring in marketing and a bit of computer science. friend in japan told him about
- Nathan: computer scientist by education, game designer by trade
- Mark: game designer, interested in all sorts of game stuff. likes doing art, music, etc.
- Mari: i like video games and i’m taking notes
- J: been around nb for a while since teh reboot. sysadmin. #1 reasons why i love this place is that this reflects what i truly believe that knowledge should be f ree, available and accessible to everyone. all you need is desire and time, and that’s why i love NB
Short announcements and events
- Mark: gamejam this weekend. ludum dare. lots of cool ideas that become successful games happen there
- J: 5mof: this thursday, 5 mins, talk about anything. perfect platform, like a project or anything interesting. thurs: around 7:30
- Sloan: next tues or wed: london based japanese artist yuri suzuki. get him to do a 45 mins talk tues or wed.
- No member applications tonite :(
- joyti: always here, 11-11. wants to be here more!
- j: sees her all the time, good asset to the community
- gordon: not local, lives in ATL. having lots of conversations with wife and friends. wanna open a hackerspace in ATL. we resembled the model he wants to follow. wants to start financially.
- j: he exemplifies what noisebridge is, not elitist, not exclusive, likes opennes, as long as you’re being positive. don’t judge, keep on hacking. really impressed, just wants to contribute money.
- J: not much, another 3 years! till 2018! improvements with another three years! woo!
Consensus and Discussion
- NONE THANK FUCK
- AGAIN NO CONSENSUS ITEMS SWEET MERCIFUL JESUS
- alex: dude from the gov’ment stopped by since submission closed, all eyes on us. we should come up with a way to mitigate issues re: this