Meeting Notes 2015 09 15
These are the notes from the The over 9000th Meeting of Noisebridge.
Short meeting. we still need money. Talked mostly about meta-consensus
- Invite a knowledgeable volunteer to explain what Noisebridge is about:
- Sammer - here because he wants to give noisebridge money.
- Joyti - here practically every day because she's teaching herself to code
- Frank - a spacer! learning about wifi and radio and the like.
- Josh - found out about noisebridge through the next guy. he's the driver. I hack on computers! Music!!!
- JimmieZ - from australia. works in media. moving back into tech. part of a collective of 500+ tech collective called silicon coast. hackers told him to come here
- Henner - hacks on electronics and software. plays cello. making a new interface board for the RFID access system!
- danukeru - from Montreal! run a hackerpace there. in software security in the bay area
- mari - hacks on video games and other things. helping w/ events! trash taker. helps the space when the need arises
- nahid - first time @ the space! background in embedded systems. works on firmware and chip design @ intel. doing a startup. building a smart dog bowl. looking for help w/ PCB design!
- patrickod - hacks things. is Irish. Likes numbers.
- torrie - proto-cyborg engiqueer. comes from a distant past. here with noisebridge for a few hours at least. knows the owner! watch out!
Short announcements and events
- Mari - Noisebridge Gaming Archivists meeting. Playing games, modding hardware, chiptunes. Next Friday there's the Cyberdelia @ DNA lounge and we want to have a showing of hackers here beforehand
- Alex - REFRESH is happening sometime soon. Want to get feedback about signage in the space. Look for the signs w/ the double box border and give feedback to Alex! Also help with wiki materials
- Patrick - Noisebridge Lit Crawl @ October 17th.
- Torrie - work weekend last weekend! we want to do it again. some upcoming weekend we'll do it again. Also I made a LED windchime which is an art.
- Torrie - 5MOF is this Thursday! Kinda not planned so it might be small, but it'll still be epic! 5 minute lightning talks with epic stuff. x
- Noisebridge membership - Henner explains it.
- Patrick explains philanthropist
- sammer is a philanthropist!
- Funds in bank: Approximately $34,000, of which $24,000 ours
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- Any other details by those participating in handling our financials
Consensus and Discussion
- Henner explains consensus
- Discussion about how noisebridge does consensus, blocking, proxy blocking, what works, what hasn't worked in the past.
End of Meeting
- Reprise of the Hackernationale. [This is anarchy - we do what the wiki says!]
- PGP Key Signing could happen now (if it doesn't happen before any given Meeting). Ask others around the space or check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Return the membership binder to its rightful location.
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions, then save them to the wiki.
- Send a summary of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Enjoy the company of your fellow hacker, robot, or robothacker.
- Discuss any items for which there was not time during the meeting.