Meeting Notes 2016 03 22
Jump to navigation Jump to search
These are the notes from the The nth +1 Meeting of Noisebridge.
- Jarrod introduces the noisebridge
- Hassan - mostly does web dev - helping with flaschen taschen a little bit
- Austin - yesterday was his 1st time here
- Juslin - came here last for class, but back for fun!
- Alex - teaches games and music on tuesdays
- Patrick - I type
- Jarrod - I build
- Kendrick - coming here for a few weeks - learning scala - wrote a game of life for flaschen taschen
- Julio - multimedia producer and software engineer - hardware and software hacker
- Michael - visiting, likes to spend time where he can - built his first hardware thing recently which was fun
Short announcements and events
- Patrick - Stupid Shit No One Needs and Useless Technology Hackathon returning to the space May 14th/15th
- Jarrod - this weekend Friday evening and all day Saturday there'll be work on Flaschen Taschen! Ready to build a whole bunch of crates, wrapping bottles, packing crates - you get the drill. All the LEDs just arrived today from the faraway land of China (thanks Scotty!)
- Patrick - Toorcamp is happening in June and you should come with Noisecamp!
- Jarrod - membership at noisebridge is not like a gym, it's a position of responsibility and stewardship for noisebridge. They have no power over others in the space, and are expected to promote excellence in the space. They have a financial obligation to support the space with monthly dues. The best way to become a member is to stick around for a while and get to know the members, and see that it's the place for you. It takes time to determine if it's a fit for you. But once you decide you fill out a membership application and stick it in the binder, get two other members to sponsor your application, and have it read out at 4 consecutive meetings. After 4 meetings if you're present and have the sponsors your membership becomes a consensus item to be discussed and passed.
- Alex - things that come with membership - granting 30 day anonymous RFID access, sponsoring philanthropists, and having a say in the acceptance of philanthropists and members.
- patrick -
- patrick - $48,000 in accounts of which approximately $16,000 is noisetor
- patrick - we're raising money for laser cutter - we need $4,000 https://donate.noisebridge.net/projects/laser
- jarrod - we are raising money (as always) for fraschen-taschen. if you take beers out of the fridge you should drop money in the box.