Meeting Notes 2017 11 07
These are the notes from the The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge. Date: 2017-11-07 Note-taker: Roy, with help from other anonymous editors; Moderators: Darryl. This is an unmeeting, notes are approximations / summaries of what is said and may not always follow traditional form.
- Ratikate was made a philanthropist.
- Lady Red was made a member.
- There were no consensus items.
- There will be a crypto currency meetup at Noisebridge on Wednesday where a founder of doge coin will discuss "the fork"; There will be pizza and Ratikate will be there.
- Lady Red will be teaching python class next Monday and will be doing a web scraper build-a-long.
- Next wednesday, at 7 pm, Phillip Waddler, a co-creator of Haskel, will be giving a talk at Noisebridge. There will be pizza and soda and stuff. This replaces Haskell class.
Darryl - I do laser cutting haskel, ...
Lady Red - I've been coming for aboyut a year and I do sewing and have recently been doing laser cutting and using the machine shop. I've been applying to be a member since August and I finally have enough checks.
? - From New Zealand on a work trip
Paul - We run a maker space, possible the most southerly one. We're currently making IOT stuff for penguins called the internet of Penguins.
Katherine - I'm applying to be a philanthropist tonight and I like to sew.
Roy - I'm roy.
David - I do scientific computation; I also do some linux and unix stuff.
? - I have a background in engineering and physics.
Sasha - I play with lights and build robots. Paul, have you considered adding the blockchain to the internet of penguins.
Lizzie - I'm not actually here, I'm unpresent [leaves].
Paul - We're basically looking after little blue penguins near us and we're making sure they're not bothered by tourists and the like.
Safe Space and Participation
Lady red - Noisebridge is an awesome place that's run like a wiki: you're empowered to edit it just like a wiki page.
Darryl - We want people to be as safe as possible and our anti harrasment policy helps us do this.
Lady Red - If someone tells you you're making them uncomfortable, don't argue with them; if they ask you to leave, leave.
- Darryl explains (C/c)onsensus, Philanthropy, ...
Darryl - Ratikate is applying for philanthropy.
Ratikate / Katherine - I'm great. I come here pretty often and we had a problem with rats earlier and, I didn't fix it, but I'm going to pretend like I did since I haven't seen any recently. I mostly helped out with the sewing area and tried to keep us more organized with the trash and the bathrooms.
Darryl - Katherine was sponsored (digitally) by Scotty, and she is now a philanthropist!
Lizzie - the lack of members at a meeting to make a member is not a block to the member making.
Lady Red explains Membership and the differences from Philanthropy
Lady Red is now a member.
- No consensus items.
Short announcements and events
Ratikate - Tomorrow we will have a crypto currency meetup here and one of my friends, a founder of doge coin, will talk about "the fork". There will be pizza and I will be there.
Lady Red - I will be teaching python class next Monday and we will be making a web scraper in a build-a-long.
Darryl - Next wednesday, not tomorrow, at 7 pm, Phillip Waddler, a co-creator of Haskel, will be giving a talk at Noisebridge. There will be pizza and soda and stuff. This replaces Haskell class.
Darryl - Does anyone have any things they want to have a proglonged, overlong, unnecessary discussion of, now is the time for that.
Lady Red - The sewing area could be improved if we could get a bunch of little plastic bins.
Frank - The trinity news on facebook is thought to be mostly algorithmic and even the editors have been let go and so some idiosyncracies have appeared since there aren't any editors any more.
Note taker posts the notes
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions.
- Fill out the short summary at the top listing just announcements, consensus items, discussion topics, and names of new members and philanthropists.
- Copy paste the notes to the next meeting page. (They will become Last meeting at midnight.)
- Email the meeting summary to Noisebridge Discuss and Noisebridge Announce lists.
- CC on the email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if there are new members and philanthropists.