Meeting Notes 2021 12 28
|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Stuff | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | E|
|Meetings | Template | Archive | Current Consensus Items | Consensus History | Announcements | Facilitation | Note-taking | Edit|
These are the notes from the The 660th Meeting of Noisebridge.
- Live notes
- Virtual Meeting (jitsi mic/cam off by default)
Note-takers: Lizzard, Lxpk
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
- 1 Meeting Summary
- 2 Introductions
- 3 Short announcements and events
- 4 Excellence
- 5 Financial Report
- 6 Big C Consensus Items
- 7 Discussion
- 8 Do-ocratic Task Board
- 9 End of Meeting
TLDR what happened at the meeting:
- Fundraising Update
- Week 2 of announcing our board elections.
BOARD ELECTIONS are coming up! The elections will be Jan 22. In order to nominate someone (including yourself) for the 2022 Board of Noisebridge,go read some of this:
Current board: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Board
How to run a board election: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/How_to_run_a_board_election
Sign up to run for the board! https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/2022_board_election Are you a member? Please tell Lizzard (current acting secretary) and be ready to vote (with whoever is going to RUN the elections by some MYSTERIOUS method)
- Finances: (see Finances wiki page, which may be slightly out of date)
- New members: none
- New philanthropists: none
- Consensus Items:
- Discussion Items:
- Ryan L (he/him)-robotics
- Leon (any)-likes computers
- Bedcloud- figuring out what they want to do at noisebridge
- Pyconaut (he him)-likes vr, and helping do noisebridge stuff
- Les (any/all)- I like efficient meetings
- Carl- He him- software, flaschen taschen
- Tj - He they- lurking for now
- Alex - (inaudible) - Alex please fill in
- gaardn she/her - laser, other CNCs like Maslow
- Liz they/them - writer, hacker, helped with noisebridge on and off since the beginning
- Nthmost (Naomi) showed up late because she still thinks the meeting starts at 8pm...
Short announcements and events
- 60-second description per item in bulletpoint.
- Copy-paste any pre-announcements for the upcoming meeting from Announcements.
- After announcements, copy them to the past Announcements list. Retire any from the Next Meeting list that aren't marked ONGOING.
Gamebridge- Wednesdays 8 to 11
Second week for board elections sign up (election on jan 22 or 23)
Our One Rule is to Be Excellent to Each Other.
(What does that mean? Everyone is expected to follow the Anti-Harassment Policy, please familiarize yourself with it.) TWO MINUTES MAX
Look out for others and be a good person, help take care of the space.
Is anyone trying to become a philanthropist or Member? If not move on. No long discussions.
No new philanthropist
Anarchist societies under a capitalist state need money to survive and thrive, yo.
- Funds in bank: 470,752.27 (as of mid november 2021)
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- Any other details by those participating in handling our financials
- The latest financial reports from the treasurer are available at https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Finances
Gotta spend money on XYZ (i.e. Gate, wiring etc.). WHO CAN SIGN THE CHECK OR LEND THE CREDIT CARD!?!?! It doesn't matter if we agree to do something and it can’t be paid for.
Electrical buildout- approved front gate - Ryan: Need someone with credit card or checkbook to facilitate Pyconaut: we should get at least 3 quotes, sounds like we already one quote Liz: Can come down and pay with their card and get reimbursed
Possible New Years fundraiser, or non-Valentine's party later on Auction
Big C Consensus Items
Nobody likes 3 hour meetings, only explain if people ask Liz: there's the consensus items wiki page Les: *finds four different consensus item wiki pages when they search* pyconaut-there should be three pages(draft, current, past) Les: This is the one? : https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Draft_Consensus_Items
Only for talking about Big C consensus items, small c consensus items should be discussed with people at the space at the time of the change/new item.
Discussion Item 1
Alex wrote some new stuff here, to make some gradations of asking someone to temporarily leave the space . "backing someone up" section. It is excellent to back the person up and take the person asked to leave aside to defuse, de-escalate, encourage them to leave the space when asked, clarify the policy.
Please give feedback to lxpk online, in person, or just edit that wiki page!
Maybe a new "ask to disengage" to make it clear you aren't asking them to leave indefinitely, just in the moment, or as alternative to asked to leave if leaving isn't necessary.
Discussion Item 2
Do-ocratic Task Board
Participation also means doing stuff to contribute to the space. Propose new tasks or pick some tasks from Github, from what needs to be done around you, or whatever, and see if someone will sign up to work on that task. Anyone can sign up and it's a great way to show you are contributing!
- Donation sign project - lxpx
- electrical work - ryan is getting quotes! Lizzard will come help/participate provide credit card!
- Toilet - pyconaut is working on it.
- preventing wifi loss during rain! what's up with that.
- pyconaut - monkeybrains gear is microwave - water in atmosphere messes it up.
~60 GHz (?) is similar size to water droplets Some transceivers have alternate antenna that switches to different frequency as alternative could potentially find different longer-distance higher frequency equipment at different frequency https://www.ursi.org/proceedings/procAP19/papers2019/ManuscriptDaliaAPRASC2019.pdf
- vending maching. robot says it works. but we need to figure out how to program it to do different amounts of money. lizzard suggests we get rid of it entirely and have a locker with combination lock with kits for sale
- Curtains. someone wants curtains. for insulation. (sound, heat)
- please someone just buy some darn curtains
- Ryan: Outdoor patio area bench area / build benches - welding!! it's fun! let's do it! Ryan will show you how. we have scrap metal!
- New signs with laser cutter
- Sorting books - by topic? ISPN numbers?
- People counting project! https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/People_Counter
- big 3d printer needs repairing, pyconaut reports. 1 of the 4 heating chambers does not heat up properly.
- there was some discussion after the meeting of more repair stuff, curtains, etc, and then a community member coming in to say we were not being excellent because their personal business was discussed in public. No details are being put in the meeting notes but I (lizzard the notetaker) am noting that it happened!
End of Meeting
Note taker posts the notes
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions.
- Fill out the short summary at the top listing just announcements, consensus items, discussion topics, and names of new members and philanthropists.
- Copy paste the notes to the next meeting page. (They will become Last meeting at midnight.)
- Email the meeting summary to Noisebridge Discuss and Noisebridge Announce lists.
- CC on the email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if there are new members and philanthropists.
- Edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is proposed for consensus next week.
- Edit the Consensus Items History if anything was reached consensus or failed to reach consensus this week.
Fun things to do after
- Reprise of the Hackernationale. [This is anarchy - we do what the wiki says!]
- PGP Key Signing could happen now (if it doesn't happen before any given Meeting). Ask others around the space or check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Collect all the trash in the space into the large bins on Sunday night!
- Document how one of the 3D printers works on the wiki, print out QR code linking to it & tape it to that printer!
- Find us a plumber to fix the toilet and hang out with them in the space while they fix it (Perhaps organizing an entire toilet replacement workshop!)