Meeting Notes 2022 03 22
March 22, 2022 (671th meething) - loren
|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | E|
|Meetings | Template | Archive | Metaguild Archive | Current Consensus Items | Consensus History | Announcements | Facilitation | Note-taking | Edit|
- Click Edit in the MediaWiki top bar and copy all the source code into the new meeting notes page.
- Delete this paragraph from the actual notes. (Keep in template, & in live copy for next iteration)
These are the notes from the The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge.
- Live notes
- Virtual Meeting (jitsi mic/cam off by default)
Edit the meeting number above where it says the XXXth meeting of Noisebridge (by checking previous meetings)
ALSO EDIT PREVIOUS AND NEXT DATES IN THE WIKI LINKS BELOW
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
- 1 Meeting Summary
- 2 Introductions
- 3 Short announcements and events
- 4 Excellence
- 5 Financial Report
- 6 Big C Consensus Items
- 7 Discussion
- 8 Do-ocratic Task Board
- 9 End of Meeting
FILL OUT AT END OF MEETING AND SEND TO MAILING LIST
TLDR what happened at the meeting:
- Fundraising Update
- New members:
- New philanthropists:
- Consensus Items:
- Discussion Items:
- Farley - working on pythin rn
- Lx - gamebridge and event support, orging NB14 april1-3 noisebridge.net/wiki/nb14
Short announcements and events
- 60-second description per item in bulletpoint.
- Neurotech event, Thursday
- HB -
- Colleen, Finck. "Resident" Looking for location to host. Synthesizer show, Open mic. Electronic music. - starting a thread, on discuss.noisebridge.net
- LX, w/pyconaut downtown. Thursday 3/24 dry run, space layout for nb14.
Next Meeting Announcements
- NB14 Noisebridge 14th anniversary needs to get lots of things done:
- NoiseBar needs to be organized and setup to be ready to use at events. Who knows where all the stuff is or how to find out and wants to volunteer to be a NoiseBar maintainer?
- BarBot needs maintenance to do its job of superstar fundraiser at our next events. Who wants to volunteer to round up the people who know how to fix it or help Jason Laserbong get a newfangled BarBot2 working by March 17 or April 1?
- Accessibility guild is meeting Thursdays during To-do-ocracy to plan space improvements and plan the Elevator installation and fundraising.
- BOARD ELECTIONS are coming up! The elections will be Jan 22. In order to nominate someone (including yourself) for the 2022 Board of Noisebridge, sign up to run for the board! https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/2022_board_election
- 3D Printing needs maintainers and event organizers! Noisebridge is getting a super powerful large multi-material printer donated that people will want to learn. ONGOING
- Noisebrew is starting soon and accepting funding and equipment donations! Add your name to the wiki page if you're interested in participating or helping. ONGOING
- Fundraising is planning a NB14 14th anniversary grand reopening fundraiser. Groups at Noisebridge can prepare and exhibit things for it. Add your ideas to the wiki. Help plan at fundraising meetings during Doocratic Thursdays 6-9PM. ONGOING
- Donation Sign project to build an LED-powered version of the 2169 signage has a mockup draft design and is requesting feedback on the wiki.
- Add more here.
Pyconaut-Reminder about NeuroTechX SF Hacknight party this Thursday. We already have 200 RSVP's and still some presentation space for anyone interested. First list of presenters will be going up soon. Event can slso be joined via the NeuroTechX discord, or NeuroTechX youtube.
Join us this Thursday for a special NeuroTechX SF Hacknight to coincide with GDC. We are having a Presentation, playtesting, and party night. You do not need to register for this event on eventbrite or meetup, but it does help us have an idea of how much food to get, and how to set up our stage area, so please RSVP. Also if you want to donate to noisebridge and neurotechx, you can do so in person or through the eventbrite. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/neurotechx-sf-hacknight-gdc-party-playtesting-and-presentations-tickets-298885914817
Would you like to present at this event, then please fill out this form. https://forms.gle/khaW6EdoCfEXK58N9
We will be allowing presentation sign up at the event as well, but it will be much easier if you sign up early. Presentations can be done in-person, or virtual. To make livestreaming easy we ask that you share a link to the presentation as a google slides presentation, or powerpoint, or PDF in the submission form.
Final presentation list will be announced during the event.
Here is the meetup event link as well https://www.meetup.com/NeuroTechX-SF/events/284643261/
Pyconaut- we need volunteers for the event
- NoiseBrew, someone coming on Friday. Talking in #brewing channel, to finalize a time.
(What does that mean? Everyone is expected to follow the Anti-Harassment Policy, please familiarize yourself with it.) TWO MINUTES MAX
Anarchist societies under a capitalist state need money to survive and thrive, yo.
- Funds in bank:
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- Any other details by those participating in handling our financials
- The latest financial reports from the treasurer are available at https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Finances
Gotta spend money on XYZ (i.e. Gate, wiring etc.). WHO CAN SIGN THE CHECK OR LEND THE CREDIT CARD!?!?! It doesn't matter if we agree to do something and it can’t be paid for.
How's it all going
Big C Consensus Items
Nobody likes 3 hour meetings, only explain if people ask
Only for talking about Big C consensus items, small c consensus items should be discussed with people at the space at the time of the change/new item.
Discussion Item 1
Discussion Item 2
Do-ocratic Task Board
Participation also means doing stuff to contribute to the space. Propose new tasks or pick some tasks from Github, from what needs to be done around you, or whatever, and see if someone will sign up to work on that task. Anyone can sign up and it's a great way to show you are contributing!
End of Meeting
Note taker posts the notes
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions.
- Fill out the short summary at the top listing just announcements, consensus items, discussion topics, and names of new members and philanthropists.
- Copy paste the notes to the next meeting page. (They will become Last meeting at midnight.)
- Email the meeting summary to Noisebridge Discuss and Noisebridge Announce lists.
- CC on the email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if there are new members and philanthropists.
- Edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is proposed for consensus next week.
- Edit the Consensus Items History if anything was reached consensus or failed to reach consensus this week.
Fun things to do after
- Do a 10 minute cleanup, bring dishes up stairs and wash them, clean the bathroom
- Have some beers on the patio
- Prepare the next weeks' meeting notes
- Lick the walls. Or just draw on them
- sing the Hackernationale (this almost never happens)