Meeting Notes 2022 09 20
|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | (Edit)|
|Meetings | Template | Archive | Metaguild Archive | Current Consensus Items | Consensus History | Announcements | Facilitation | Note-taking | Edit|
These are the notes from the The 693rd Meeting of Noisebridge.
- Live notes
- Virtual Meeting (jitsi mic/cam off by default)
Edit the meeting number above where it says the XXXth meeting of Noisebridge (by checking previous meetings)
ALSO EDIT PREVIOUS AND NEXT DATES IN THE WIKI LINKS BELOW
Moderators: Moof, Phillip/Pawper
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
FILL OUT AT END OF MEETING AND SEND TO MAILING LIST
TLDR what happened at the meeting:
- Fundraising Update
- New members:
- New philanthropists:
- Consensus Items:
- Discussion Items:
- Loren - here mostly for music
- Morgan - he/him neurotech stuff, robotics, brainz
- Moof - they/them - at NB to do things not done outside of NB such as Music
- Brent - music
- phillip/pawper, he/him. coding, tech, anarchist stuff
- Helena - sewing room / wood shop
- Gwen - repair physical item clinic looking for fixit coaches on sundays
- Emeline - treasurer by default
- Guy - 3d printers
Our One Rule is to Be Excellent to Each Other.
excellence is treating the space with respect, enabling others to come in and be part of the space, and do-ocratic spirit. its also, hacking the planet as they say
Short announcements and events
- Phillip - Variety Coding Workshop still not on Meetup, need assistance - Moof is going to ask as well in #events-support
- Moof - sometime this week, gonna test the speakers and do some DJing if anyone wants to join
- Gwen - fixit clinic needs key access earlier in the day. Moof - can it happen during laser class? a little later on Sunday, Gwen says should work fine. Guy says this dovetails with his 3d printer repair.
- NeuroTechX San Francisco Hacknight weekly meeting - Thurs - upstairs
- What are guilds - briefly describe (much like the previous section on "Excellence")
- Phillip - Code guild! if you want to help keep coding alive at NB and also be close to coding projects at NB. Check out https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Code for info on freeCodeCamp, Variety Coding Workshop, etc.
- Helena - Sewing guild - wednesday night! small class. Also need RFID
New Members/Associate Members
- Phillip - still intending to apply, just been a difficult month
Anarchist societies under a capitalist state need money to survive and thrive, yo.
- Funds in bank:
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- Any other details by those participating in handling our financials
- The latest financial reports from the treasurer are available at https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Finances
80smth in the donation boxes, we are finally getting access to our bank account in the last week of september
- trying to get access to the bank account again
- touched base with tax person for filing taxes
- Moof w/ TJ want to spend about $100-150 on the downstairs AV system
- Guy - 3d printer stuff vendor is having a special right now. raspbery pi for a remote operation system. There's a $100 kit. going to get 2 and upgrade 1 per month
- Paolo/PanGalacitc - Saturday night 10/15 or 10/24 going to a fundraising music event. The woodshop will be out of order & tables moved.
Big C Consensus Items
- no discussion items
Helena - we need to clean the cleaning supplies, they are dirty/gross which doesn't motivate cleaning. they are currently in the little caddy behind the toilet/shelves. could use organization & a clean place to live
are there sufficient cleaning supplies? Helena - I haven't looked that hard actually, we should take an inventory
End of Meeting
Note taker posts the notes
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions.
- Fill out the short summary at the top listing just announcements, consensus items, discussion topics, and names of new members and philanthropists.
- Copy paste the notes to the next meeting page. (They will become Last meeting at midnight.)
- Email the meeting summary to Noisebridge Discuss and Noisebridge Announce lists.
- CC on the email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if there are new members and philanthropists.
- Edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is proposed for consensus next week.
- Edit the Consensus Items History if anything was reached consensus or failed to reach consensus this week.
Fun things to do after
- Do a 10 minute cleanup, bring dishes up stairs and wash them, clean the bathroom
- Have some beers on the patio
- Prepare the next weeks' meeting notes
- Lick the walls. Or just draw on them
- sing the Hackernationale (this almost never happens)