Meeting Notes 2022 10 25
|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | (Edit)|
|Meetings | Template | Archive | Metaguild Archive | Current Consensus Items | Consensus History | Announcements | Facilitation | Note-taking | Edit|
These are the notes from the The 697th Meeting of Noisebridge.
- Live notes
- Virtual Meeting (jitsi mic/cam off by default)
Note-takers: Adriel, Mark
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
FILL OUT AT END OF MEETING AND SEND TO MAILING LIST
TLDR what happened at the meeting:
- Fundraising Update
- New members:
- New philanthropists:
- Consensus Items:
- Discussion Items:
Moof (They/them) - music stuff, events planning, including a show for next wednesday! Adriel (he/they) - music stuff also, music guild with Moof Wolf (he/him) - mostly hang out, do things occassionally Mark (he/him) - Games! Come to Gamebridge Wednesdays @ 6pm Cloud - Contributes to 5MoF, helps organize HB (Hungry Bogart) - Tech, servers, pen testing, lots of things at noisebridge Elan - Elan Mikayla (she/her) - hang out, program at some point, will probably do other shit once done moving, open source software, nothing here related yet
Our One Rule is to Be Excellent to Each Other. Generally being nice to people, having consideration and respect for others, working out disagreements in a productive, constructive way to keep the culture running smoothly
(What does that mean? Everyone is expected to follow the Anti-Harassment Policy, please familiarize yourself with it.) TWO MINUTES MAX
Short announcements and events
- 60-second description per item in bulletpoint.
- Adriel and Moof - Music show on wednesday - woodshop unavailable wednesday nov 2nd https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Digifae@noisebridge -resident electronic show on thursday - woodshop unavailable thursday nov 3rd - Mark - Saturday, nov 5th - day of the devs - video game and music show at the midway in sf, presented by doublefine
Elan - Once a month, some Saturday around brunch-time we want to do a wiki editing meetup
- What are guilds - briefly describe (much like the previous section on "Excellence")
Moof - Maintainers of working groups
- Do any guilds have any announcements they'd like to make?
-Music guild (adriel and moof) music show next wednesday as listed above, will be discussed in discussion items
New Members/Associate Members
What are they? Is anyone trying to become a Member or Associate Member? If not move on. No long discussions. -Mikayla is applying for full membership, currently on week 3 -Moof is in week 1
Anarchist societies under a capitalist state need money to survive and thrive, yo.
- Funds in bank:
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- Any other details by those participating in handling our financials
- The latest financial reports from the treasurer are available at https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Finances
Gotta spend money on XYZ (i.e. Gate, wiring etc.). WHO CAN SIGN THE CHECK OR LEND THE CREDIT CARD!?!?! It doesn't matter if we agree to do something and it can’t be paid for. Wolf - Is thinking of purchasing roller-sweeper thing, will ask in slack before anything goes forward Moof - Will consider getting a bunch of velcro cable ties for music room HB has some velcro ties. Hit me up.
How's it all going
Big C Consensus Items
Nobody likes 3 hour meetings, only explain if people ask. https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Current_Consensus_Items
Moof checks the wiki, reports there are no current ones
Only for talking about Big C consensus items, small c consensus items should be discussed with people at the space at the time of the change/new item.
This is a show happening this wednesday! Hyperpop! 6pm -9PM (ish)!
16$ online tickets, 14$ at the door. No one will be turned away due to lack of funds. Noisebridge will be generally open as usual (except the woodshop and laser cutter).
Tours will be given to concertgoers before music starts, as part of program.
20% of ticket sales will go to Noisebridge directly Eric will sell food, we will let him decide how much of the proceeds he wants to give to NB?
Mikayla has volunteered to be door-person, keeping an eye on people and selling tickets. HB proposes giving out wristbands at the door to 21+ attendants to buy drinks - suggestion accepted, we will do this.
Mikayla will discuss with Mark post-meeting about details of being event-support "staff"
Adriel & Moof - Digifae@Noisebridge - see above Aja - post scarcity economic systems meetup. about 25 people. Event would be 10th of November, around 4pm for a few hours.
Mark - 10th is a Thursday. Doesn't seem to be any conflicts. I say go ahead.
TJ - Wiki cleaning and social media meetup?
Moof - definitely want to help. We need to get Rack ppl involved. Elan said there were issues with this holding certain things up. We could call the meetup "cyberbridge"
TJ - There are things like automating wiki updates, discord bots, other social media posting tools, etc
[some discussion about random tangential technical thing] A thing about the thing pt II
Okay, so a DM between interested folks will happen then a date will be decided and a broader announcement made.
Mark - how did last week's meeting go?
Elan - I wanted to try it, but there weren't really tons of ppl at the meeting. Also realized the breakout thing wasn't really conducive to the online/offline hybrid thing. So overall I think its better with a large in-person group for the unconference style thing.
guilds section in meetings
Mark - I like the idea of reaffirming what guilds are, but what do guilds need to talk about in the meeting??
Moof - Maybe "looking for maintainers" announcements should happen in the guilds section. To encourage/incentivize that kind of discussion happening.
Mark asks mikayla what kind of guilds they want to be a part of..
Mikayla - code guild? It kind of died tho... :( Philip has been busy lately.
Mark - interested in organizing anything yourself?
Mikayla - a bit busy with life atm to be an organizer of things. but i want to help with stuff where i can and participate in things!
Elan- How do you see the guilds section happening?
Mark - something like it is now but with more of an empahasis on what is the general "status" of the various guilds. So an ask for maintainers is a good addition.
old stuff to donate, wondering about donation policy
working cd player not working integrated tuning amp, could potentially be fixed working 5 cd player working dvd player crate tx15 battery powered guitar amp
Mark - post about these things on the discord, see if anyone responds. If no one responds, chances are no one wants said thing(s).
Potential consensus item
Elan wants to get ppl's opinions on a potential smoking on the patio ban?
Some noisebridgers feel it is not excellent (not to mention violates CA law)
Do-ocratic Task Board
Participation also means doing stuff to contribute to the space. Propose new tasks or pick some tasks from Github, from what needs to be done around you, or whatever, and see if someone will sign up to work on that task. Anyone can sign up and it's a great way to show you are contributing!
End of Meeting
Note taker posts the notes
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions.
- Fill out the short summary at the top listing just announcements, consensus items, discussion topics, and names of new members and philanthropists.
- Copy paste the notes to the next meeting page. (They will become Last meeting at midnight.)
- Email the meeting summary to Noisebridge Discuss and Noisebridge Announce lists.
- CC on the email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if there are new members and philanthropists.
- Edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is proposed for consensus next week.
- Edit the Consensus Items History if anything was reached consensus or failed to reach consensus this week.
Fun things to do after
- Do a 10 minute cleanup, bring dishes up stairs and wash them, clean the bathroom
- Have some beers on the patio
- Prepare the next weeks' meeting notes
- Lick the walls. Or just draw on them
- sing the Hackernationale (this almost never happens)