Meeting Notes 2023 01 10
|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | (Edit)|
|Meetings | Template | Archive | Metaguild Archive | Current Consensus Items | Consensus History | Announcements | Facilitation | Note-taking | (Edit)|
Note-takers: Alison, Loren
NOTE: Consider turning off fridge for the duration of the meeting. It is very loud and sometimes prevents people on video conference from hearing those in the space.
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
- Fundraising Update
some music events later
Nuerotech Tuesdays, Saturday hackaton, better tools back together for future NB meetings 5mof next Thursday. Jan Events (2?)
Cash flow: 11.5k expenses, 6.5k revenue
- New members & New philanthropists:
Alison Zhao! new philanthropist
- Consensus Items: -
- Discussion Items: -
- Max - SWE. at NB do stuff with hands. handcraft stuff. coming for a month~
- Alison - sewing! code! some woodshop! laser! don't yet know 3d printing, here to hang out and join other's projects
- Justin- work with software people, has many projects to join,
- Andrew - new, learning to do woodworking, goal: make chair, found on nb reddit,
- Chris - software, hardware, robotics, robotic arms, ham radio, backyard chemistry, lisencse
- Holland - insurance, laser cutter for drawer organizer, start project soon
- Anoah ("Ananah") - yellow on the outside, white on the inside
- Ahmad (Can't Stop Won't Stop) - like to hack on hw stuff, meet people
Our One Rule is to Be Excellent to Each Other.
Clean up after yourself!
Dont hack something that shouldnt be hack Take care noisebridge
Bring your zines, so I can collect them. (Silver sprocket off Valencia.)
Short announcements and events
Nuerotech Tuesdays, Saturday hackaton, better tools back together for future NB meetings
Jan Events (2?) Alex415 Musicube
Circuit Hacking Mondays, John/rrmut and Dana
5mof next Thursday.
Guitar pedal workshop - mabye once a month.
Sewing, Laser are active Woodworking? - want of better organization. safety, stacking. Want to organize peope around this. Scraps - don't be afraid - talk to Arity on Discord, connect on organizing.
Anoah - connection to organizing group.
New Members/Associate Members
Treasurer's Finance update:
- we resolved the rent situation (december rent check got lost).
- we regained control of the PG&E account (yay!)
- great end of year donations! … we need this every month XD
- we’re looking for Julio, who is the owner of the meetup account, so event organizers can create tickets for their events. we instituted a minimum fee for sewing for instance, and this would help making sure a) folks show up and b) handling payments
- please everyone, look into whether you work for a company matching donations! And if so, pay your membership dues through this!
- we’re trying to set up paypal giving but i’ve had no luck getting hold of customer service
- really need to look into savings accounts - @dana had done the groundwork on this
Cash Flow 9500/month rent ~2000/month equipment 6200/month flowing
- Using savings from large donations
- Pay for classes, contribute to events and lead events - Wikipedia edit meetups
How's it all going
Big C Consensus Items
Nobody likes 3 hour meetings, only explain if people ask. https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Current_Consensus_Items
Only for talking about Big C consensus items, small c consensus items should be discussed with people at the space at the time of the change/new item.
Discussion Item 1
newcomers - what are you up to? hoping for tonight?
- meet people
- more responsibility
- defcon meetup?
- 5mof next week!
Discussion Item 2
Do-ocratic Task Board
Participation also means doing stuff to contribute to the space. Propose new tasks or pick some tasks from Github, from what needs to be done around you, or whatever, and see if someone will sign up to work on that task. Anyone can sign up and it's a great way to show you are contributing!
End of Meeting
Note taker posts the notes
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions.
- Fill out the short summary at the top listing just announcements, consensus items, discussion topics, and names of new members and philanthropists.
- Copy paste the notes to the next meeting page. (They will become Last meeting at midnight.)
- Email the meeting summary to Noisebridge Discuss and Noisebridge Announce lists.
- CC on the email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if there are new members and philanthropists.
- Edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is proposed for consensus next week.
- Edit the Consensus Items History if anything was reached consensus or failed to reach consensus this week.