Meeting Notes 2023 07 25
These are the notes from the The 733rd Meeting of Noisebridge.
- Live notes
- Virtual Meeting (jitsi mic/cam off by default)
- Backup link: https://meet.jit.si/noisebridge
- Update last meeting: https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Last_meeting&redirect=no
- Update next meeting: https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Next_meeting&redirect=no
Note-takers: Sean (barakados)
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
FILL OUT AT END OF MEETING AND SEND TO MAILING LIST/SLACK/DISCORD Include: TLDR what happened at the meeting:
- Fundraising Update:
- New members:
- New philanthropists:
- Consensus Items:
- Discussion Items:
- Ask people to share their name, access needs, and preferred gender pronouns what they do at noisebridge
- Loren, works on rack things, hosts infrastructure meetup on mondays, sometimes runs meetings - Dana - help with circuit hacking Mondays. This monday, helped get the new industrial knitting machine set up - Ken - been here for a few months. - Sean, been here for a few months, works at laser cutter - Malakaii - miniatures for table top games at home - Tumnes - hoping to 3d print. first visit since 2013 or so - Elan (he/they): interested in wiki, robots, painting, and NB infrastructure projects - Lauren - Emeline
Short announcements and events
- Sunday Streets, 11-4 valencia street. Sean hosting. Valencia Street, will post more info about booth. Encouraged to come check out, help out, bring projects, or say hi!
- Brand new industrial knitting machine, next monday 7-9 people will hack and discuss the machine, come to that session if you're interested in the machine!
- Burning Man Night Project night. Sewing & Circuit Hacking monday meetup (Monday in August)
- Computer History Museum (San Jose) next week 8/4-5.
- discord - @maliciousXYZ - hosting table top games, find in discord if you want to join
Our One Rule is to Be Excellent to Each Other. (On first Tuesdays, seek a few definitions. Other Tuesday, give a 1-3 sentence summary.)
What does that mean? Please see our page on excellence https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Excellence!
Anti-Harassment Policy & Community Standards of Excellence
Noisebridge has an Anti-Harassment Policy https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Anti-Harassment_Policy Everyone is expected to follow the Anti-Harassment Policy, please familiarize yourself with it.) TWO MINUTES MAX
- Sewing and Knitting Guild: New Knitting Machine
New Members/Associate Members
What are they? Is anyone trying to become a Member or Associate Member? If not move on. No long discussions.
Financial Report (first Tuesday of month only)
Anarchist societies under a capitalist state need money to survive and thrive, yo.
- Monthly revenue, expenses. Big projects. Big fundraising events. Reserves in bank.
- Any other details by those participating in handling our financials
- The latest financial reports from the treasurer are available at https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Finances
Gotta spend money on XYZ (i.e. Gate, wiring etc.). WHO CAN SIGN THE CHECK OR LEND THE CREDIT CARD!?!?! It doesn't matter if we agree to do something and it can’t be paid for.
- CNC Router - Discussion on replacing new parts, maybe come up with a protocol for replacing parts in the future
- Let's replace the part
- Let's request a wiki page on how to avoid this issue for others in the future.
- Proposal to replace the big maslow. (now sure how much. will be proposed later). Sure, bring proposal to meeting.
- $300-500 to fix existing machine
How's it all going
- Yesterday, visitor to sewing -- connecting us to someone in city who does grants for art spaces.
Big C Consensus Items
Nobody likes 3 hour meetings, only explain if people ask. https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Current_Consensus_Items
Only for talking about Big C consensus items, small c consensus items should be discussed with people at the space at the time of the change/new item.
Discussion Item 1
near(-miss) consensus item
- Accessibility Business Entrance check, done on Saturday.
Jared. We're not up to accessibility requirements of city. To pass accessibility requirements of the city: would need to ensure that the entrance door meets the specifications that the city requires. We need a permit for the front door to be electronic again.
We could file an exception.
Would need someone to level in front of the front door.
We fall under category of exemption because we're run as membership organization.
Loren: pro filing exemption. But pro: doing more than nothing. Change hardware of gate.
The report is posted in #general in slack.
Dana: "very doable for us to do 90% of these things ourselves"
We have many ways for people to get in but accessibility requirements set by the city are narrow.
Emeline - taking care of paperwork Jared - (need architect, is) signing off on designs.
(small things: need to remove doorstops) SHED - need to move a little further left. And need to move phone a little further left.
- general in slack
Discussion Item 2
Do-ocratic Task Board
Participation also means doing stuff to contribute to the space. Propose new tasks or pick some tasks from Github, from what needs to be done around you, or whatever, and see if someone will sign up to work on that task. Anyone can sign up and it's a great way to show you are contributing!
End of Meeting
Note taker posts the notes
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions.
- Fill out the short summary at the top listing just announcements, consensus items, discussion topics, and names of new members and philanthropists.
- Copy paste the notes to the next meeting page. (They will become Last meeting at midnight.) https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Last_meeting&redirect=no
- Email the meeting summary to Noisebridge Discuss and Noisebridge Announce lists.
- CC on the email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if there are new members and philanthropists.
- Edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is proposed for consensus next week.
- Edit the Consensus Items History if anything was reached consensus or failed to reach consensus this week.
Fun things to do after
- Do a 10 minute cleanup, bring dishes up stairs and wash them, clean the bathroom
- Have some beers on the patio
- Prepare the next weeks' meeting notes
- Lick the walls. Or just draw on them
- sing the Hackernationale (this almost never happens)