Meeting Notes 2023 10 10
This is the 743rd meeting of Noisebridge
ALSO EDIT PREVIOUS AND NEXT DATES IN THE WIKI LINKS BELOW
Note-takers: FIXME YOUR NAME HERE
Moderators: PUT THEIR NAME HERE
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
FILL OUT AT END OF MEETING AND SEND TO MAILING LIST/SLACK/DISCORD Include: TLDR what happened at the meeting:
- Fundraising Update:
- New members:
- New associates:
- Consensus Items:
- Discussion Items:
- Ask people to share their name, access needs, and preferred gender pronouns what they do at noisebridge
Informal meeting. Mark, Max, Cloud, Loren, LX, JD. TJ.
Mark is away for a week. Max will be present on Saturday.
Maker Faire is happening this weekend and the weekend after. pyconaut is making volunteer assignments on Wednesday.
Deadbolt added to Turing, closest to rollup door. Turing's other door self-locks.
Short announcements and events
- 60-second description per item in bulletpoint.
- Copy-paste any pre-announcements for the upcoming meeting from Announcements.
- After announcements, copy them to the past Announcements list. Retire any from the Next Meeting list that aren't marked ONGOING.
- (See https://www.noisebridge.net/ and https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Events for events, and welcoming people)
Our One Rule is to Be Excellent to Each Other. (On first Tuesdays, seek a few definitions. Other Tuesday, give a 1-3 sentence summary.)
What does that mean? Please see our page on excellence https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Excellence!
Anti-Harassment Policy & Community Standards of Excellence
Noisebridge has an Anti-Harassment Policy https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Anti-Harassment_Policy Everyone is expected to follow the Anti-Harassment Policy, please familiarize yourself with it.) TWO MINUTES MAX More approachable & specific guidelines, https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Community_Standards
Recent examples of excellent behavior, say 3, unless the passion moves you.
- What are guilds - briefly describe (much like the previous section on "Excellence")
New Members/Associate Members
What are they? Is anyone trying to become a Member or Associate Member? If not move on. No long discussions.
Financial Report (first Tuesday of month only)
Anarchist societies under a capitalist state need money to survive and thrive, yo.
- Monthly revenue, expenses. Big projects. Big fundraising events. Reserves in bank.
- Any other details by those participating in handling our financials
- The latest financial reports from the treasurer are available at https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Finances
Gotta spend money on XYZ (i.e. Gate, wiring etc.). WHO CAN SIGN THE CHECK OR LEND THE CREDIT CARD!?!?! It doesn't matter if we agree to do something and it can’t be paid for.
How's it all going
Big C Consensus Items
Nobody likes 3 hour meetings, only explain if people ask. https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Current_Consensus_Items
Only for talking about Big C consensus items, small c consensus items should be discussed with people at the space at the time of the change/new item.
Discussion Item 1
Discussion Item 2
Do-ocratic Task Board
Participation also means doing stuff to contribute to the space. Propose new tasks or pick some tasks from Github, from what needs to be done around you, or whatever, and see if someone will sign up to work on that task. Anyone can sign up and it's a great way to show you are contributing!
End of Meeting
Note taker posts the notes
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions.
- Fill out the short summary at the top listing just announcements, consensus items, discussion topics, and names of new members and philanthropists.
- Copy paste the notes to the next meeting page. (They will become Last meeting at midnight.) https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Last_meeting&redirect=no
- Email the meeting summary to Noisebridge Discuss and Noisebridge Announce lists.
- CC on the email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if there are new members and philanthropists.
- Edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is proposed for consensus next week.
- Edit the Consensus Items History if anything was reached consensus or failed to reach consensus this week.
Fun things to do after
- Do a 10 minute cleanup, bring dishes up stairs and wash them, clean the bathroom
- Have some beers on the patio
- Prepare the next weeks' meeting notes
- Lick the walls. Or just draw on them
- sing the Hackernationale (this almost never happens)