Noisebridge Space Program
Noisebridge is growing, and we need a bigger space! We plan to leave our current location by August 2019. It's all very exciting, but we need your support to pull it off! Join Noisebridge in building the largest non profit hacker community in San Francisco. Our biggest needs are recurring donations and volunteer hours for fundraising help. You can donate on https://patreon.com/noisebridge, and visit the space at 2169 Mission Street.
This is a set of pages meant to facilitate the discussion on moving Noisebridge to a new physical location. We should use this space to capture consensus as it occurs, and to draw all our planning tools together.
- 1 Current Fundraising Progress
- 2 Upcoming Appointments and Events
- 3 The story so far, and how you can help
- 4 NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 6-March-2018, 7pm
- 5 New Space 2017 Meeting Notes
- 6 Identity
- 7 Fundraising
- 8 New Location
- 9 Current Location Status
- 10 Possible Partners
- 11 Overall Project management
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions, not addressed above
- 13 Example Letter of Intent (LOI)
- 14 2009 Move page
- 15 Accessability
- 16 Other Spaces' Moving Experiences
Current Fundraising Progress
Updated August 10, 2018.
With our 50% raise in rent starting this month, our total expenses come to about $10,000 per month. Our total income was $12,000 in April, $14,000 in June, and $10,000 in July. Based on our research on new spaces, we predict that if we move to a bigger space, we will need $20,000 in recurring donations. In parallel with increasing our monthly donations, we are also building our fundraising team to raise funds for a down payment.
Upcoming Appointments and Events
The story so far, and how you can help
Coordinate with people in the space to help us with some of our fundraising tasks: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Fundraising_Tasks
You can read Noisebridge New Space Onboarding, which contains vital details for members of the community who want to put in work towards helping us find a new space.
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 6-March-2018, 7pm
Next meeting Agenda:
See https://pad.riseup.net/p/nb-new-space for notes and agenda
New Space 2017 Meeting Notes
- when is the next meeting?
- New space meeting 2018 05 01
- New space meeting 2018 04 24
- New space meeting 2018 04 17
- New space meeting 2018 04 10
- New space meeting 2018 04 03
- New space meeting 2018 03 27
- New space meeting 2018 03 20
- New space meeting 2018 03 13
- New space meeting 2018 03 06
- New space meeting 2018 02 27
- New space meeting 2017 12 16
- New space meeting 2017 12 09
- New space meeting 2017 12 02
- New space meeting 2017 11 18
- New space meeting 2017 11 11
If you would like to read the current version of the "Noisebridge Story" we have assembled for the Noisebridge Space Program please look at the locations below:
Here is a list of our current fundraising sub-projects. If you would like to participate in any of them please come to the Noisebridge Space Program meeting, or contact the leads for the specific sub-project.
- Pineapple Fund
- Patrick, Beka, Gavin
- A BTC fund worth $millions someone is giving away to non-profit groups
- San Francisco Community Land Trust
- A non-profit that buys properties for SF coop housing and non-profit groups
- San Francisco Nonprofit Sustainability Initiative
- Contact: none yet
- The Nonprofit Sustainability Initiative helps San Francisco’s nonprofits secure new, nonprofit-owned space and creates solutions for organizations seeking long-term leases.
- S|K or other professional fundraising guidance
- Kevin, Lady Red, Mitch
- John, Kevin, Kevin
Some people refer to a space that meets these requirements as a unicorn space.
Potential Locations We are keeping track of locations that have come up in our searching here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GNvhF__W23G3EbT5Hoif1p4okErR0yYVAH-M7iuvI3Y/edit#gid=0
Here is the summary of the notable locations we have visited, specific details are on the Potential Locations spreadsheet:
If you have a building/space you would like to donate or know of a location that you think would work for Noisebridge. Please list it below and/or notify email@example.com or come to a Noisebridge Space Program meeting.
Current Location Status
Our lease ends on August 31st, 2018 at 17:00. We are open to negotiating with the Landlord but the Landlord is not interested at the moment.
Noisebridge is currently approximately 5,550 sq. ft.
Our current rent is: $4,356/month ~ $0.79/sq. ft. /month
- The Lab
- former TechShop members
Overall Project management
Important updates and information are being added to this wiki page. For a more active list of what is going on please see this trello board:
Frequently Asked Questions, not addressed above
Example Letter of Intent (LOI)
Letter of Intent from The Founders Guide to Hacking Office Space