|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | (Edit)|
|Events | Hosting | Streaming | Meetup | Upcoming Events | Anniversaries | Hackathons | External Events | Edit|
|Anniversaries | NB15 | NB14 | NB10 | NB9 | NB8 | NB7 | NB5 | NB3 | NB2 | NB1 | NB0 | Edit|
NB15 will be Noisebridge's big 15th anniversary. NB14 was conducted as a sort of dry run of an NB10-style 3 day weekend event to galvanize greater Event Support readiness and figure out what we can improve on to make our 15th better staffed and planned.
- WHEN: October 1 2023 or nearabouts according to the Oral_histories of founding 83C Oct 1 in 2008.
We'll host it as our Halloween party too.
- Oct 1st - work party. Prep & plan.
- Halloween party near end of month.
Ideas for NB15
- Get each area of NB to start planning something ahead of time to showcase
- DIYCE: Laser cut oodles of diyce. Intended as an approachable puzzle for people to solve, assemble, and take home. -Gaardn
Blueprinting! Learn the 1840s art of using uv-reactive cyanotype and designs drawn on vellum paper to make your own schematics, artsy or otherwise! -Gaardn
Goals for NB15
- A focus on participation and membership growth over our 14th year with an aim to surpass our pre-move pre-COVID activity level highs manifested in high participation in the planning of N15 like we saw with NB10.
Lessons for NB15
- Have all volunteer positions clearly defined and delegated well in advance with each responsible volunteer group taking ownership of their part of the event, such as:
- Press: Invite press that have covered NB events before to participate. Prepare some good press info for them to cover.
- Outreach: Hit up all our electronic lists. Poster nearby streets with small poster-flyers.
- 5MoF: Solicit pre-planned talks of high quality. Get all their slides submitted in advance if possible.
- Music: Prepare a lineup of suitable musical performers and DJs.