Noisebridge runs on donations! Please spread the word: sign up for a $10, $30, $60, or $80 monthly donation.
We are Noisebridge. Noisebridge is a 5,200 square-foot, San Francisco hackerspace for technical-creative projects, doocratically run by everyone. We are a non-profit educational institution intended for public benefit. Everyone is welcome to use our many resources. Find others to create with, help with your projects & help others with their projects. Read more about Noisebridge or watch a short video.
We are committed to providing a safe space to work, learn, and play. Please read and understand our anti-harassment policy and community standards. Typical "open hours" are from 11:00am-10:00pm every day, as long as someone is in the space and able to answer the door.
Noisebridge is facing rent increase. We are raising money on Patreon to meet our increased needs of $14,000 per month, to match operating expenses for a the new rent and increases in upkeep. Consider donating here.
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
Not all events make it onto this calendar. And some of the listings here may be out of date.
Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC, our Noisebridge Meetup page <https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge>, or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some eventSs just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Resources For Hosting Events
Upcoming Events edit
- Friday, Aug 28, 2020: WORK DAY -- Move Big Stuff on to a truck. Show up as early as 11AM. Note that there are 2 flights of stairs and the air quality in the Mission is presently no bueno. Coordinator: Nthmost.
- Saturday, Aug 29, 2020: WORK DAY -- Pack. Show up as early as 11AM. Coordinator: Tyler.
- Sunday, Aug 30, 2020: WORK DAY -- MOVE. We have a truck showing up around noon. Show up as early as 11AM. Coordinator: Nthmost.
- Monday, Aug 31, 2020: Circuit Packing Monday -- Help pack up and move the Electronics! Coordinator: Robert Roboto.
Recurring Events edit
== --COVID-19 UPDATE-- ==
Noisebridge is closed right now (for saftey, following the Governer's order) but many classes are still happening online! Come check out the new discuss forum and connect with us to check out cool new classes
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E Take Out the Trash Night - Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- 3rd Mondays is the original Circuit Hacking Mondays. Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. People can bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Church Classroom.
- E 8:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
3:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Whiteboarding & Algorithms Workshop - Wednesday Edition - Let's practice whiteboarding, algorithms, and other interviewing techniques together!! =D This event will be in the Hackitorium!! ^_^ (This is also a support group for job
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery (in an abundance of coronavirus caution - on Hiatus until Further Notice) - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
8:00 pm to 11:00 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Digital Art Wednesdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share 2D/3D art. We will explore a variety of tools and techniques for digital visual art creation. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (@ the Noise Square Table).
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes ~1:30am to 2:30am.
- 3rdE 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM -- Queer Game Dev Meetup (QGDM) in the Noisebridge HackItorium -- Come check out the next Queer Game Dev Meetup, in the Mission District in San Francisco. Here you will find other queer game devs, game-making enthusiasts, and be a part of an inclusive community that welcomes everyone who is interested in creating games. With language support in English, Español, and Português!
- E 7:00 pm to 8:00 am Hacknights happens every friday rain or shine, its the magical night when Noisebridge is open to the public ALL NIGHT LONG!! Meet in Hackitorium RSVP by following this link https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/254878863/
- E 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Technology & Computerology & Systemology --- Technology: The study of creating, use, evolution and history of things. Computerology: The study of computers, or any kind of work with computers; computing. Systemology: The study and evolution of systems.
- E 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm FUN Tutoring in Church or CollaborationStation
- E From Hack to Cash!
7pm - 8:15pm Sunday
Monetizing and crowdfunding your next project!
Taught by Kobby, a successful CEO and electronics hobbyiest who raised >$130K via kickstarter.
More info here.
Anyone can participate in a class or workshop at Noisebridge! No membership or payment is required!
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
The Noisebridge Manual: A compendium of wiki knowledge detailing how Noisebridge works.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Identity: A collection of resources revolving around our identity and logo.
The Neighborhood: What's in the neighborhood around 2169 Mission
Hosting an Event at Noisebridge: Suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Meetup - best up to date events list and good way to contact event hosts.
- Discuss - General forum of noisebridge and
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of general noisebridge things without constant
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
- Here is our mailing address (different from our physical address):
2261 Market Street #235-A
San Francisco, CA 94114
2169 Mission St, 3rd floor
San Francisco, CA 94110
Noisebridge grew out of Chaos Communications Camp in August, 2007. We have had regular weekly Tuesday meetings since September 2007. We rented our first physical space on September 1st 2008, which we quickly outgrew, and have been at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location since September 1st 2009. Noisebridge was granted tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status in July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.