|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact Us | Guilds | Stuff | Events | Projects | NB14 | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | E|
Noisebridge is a fun space for sharing, creation, collaboration, research, development, mentoring, and of course, learning. Come visit, work, and use our equipment free (but please donate when you can!)
GMap 2 blocks from 16th Mission BART
Noisebridge is open in-person again and you can also join us remotely online!
Accessibility: Ground floor is wheelchair accessible with many resources but upstairs is not.
Hours: We are open in-person during these hours or when somebody is around:
MON 3-9pm TUE 6-10pm WED 4-9pm THU 4-8pm FRI 12pm-12am SAT 12-5pm SUN 12-4pm
A subscribable calendar of events can be found here.
Key: W: Weekly 1st 2nd 3rd 4th: Certain weeks -2nd: Except certain weeks S: Streaming
- HackComedy May 14: Comedy night resuming a monthly schedule after re-debuting at NB14.
- Resident Electronic Music May 10 8pm: Resident Electronic Music Monthly. an electronic music open mic.
- 5 Minutes of Fame: May 19, 6pm-9pm Talks at 7pm. 10 5 minute talks in an hour! Sign up to talk on the wiki.
- W 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm Noisebridge is open!
- W 6:30 pm Circuit Hacking Monday -- learn electronics, and how to solder
- W S 7:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - (In person & online) - Introducing new people and events to the space, adding new members / philanthropists, announcements, general discussion, and decision-making.
This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it! You can join the meeting remotely by clicking the online video link chat via Jitsi (similar to Zoom).
- June 21, 3:30pm - 4:30pm 80 engineering students from Barcelona are coming for a tour! (Lizzard to host)
- W S 7:00 pm Machine Learning AI and RL Meetup at Noisebridge until 9!
- W S 8:00 - 11:00 pm Gamebridge game development mentoring & coworking meetup for gamedev beginners and indies alike.
- W S 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm To-do-ocracy Thursdays, where work together on our task list.
- W S 6:00 pm NeurotechX SF hacknights for mind-machine interfacing with EEGs.
- 3rd S 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- W 7:00pm-8:30pm BookBridge! - Informal book club, no assigned reading. Talk about books. Meetup.
- W TRASH NIGHT - Please take out all three large trash bins!! They are behind the front stairs.
- W 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm Open Open for FreeCodeCamp with Paul_H as host
- W 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Open Open for Chess Meetup!
- W 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm: Open We are open Friday evenings!
- W 6:00-7:00 pm Sewing Project Night - Sewing project meetup with free starter fabrics where you can learn how to use our sewing station.
- W 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open! Come hack and we may stay open later
- W 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm Let'sMakeStuff: Engineers+Designers+Artist+Make (Meetup Page)
- W 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Hack on Noisebridge!
- W 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open!
- 2nd 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Fabrication 101 2nd Shop Sundays class on safety and basic techniques
- 3rd March 20, April 17, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm TOOOL-SF locksport meetup of The SF Chapter of the Open Organisation Of Lockpickers.
- 2nd S April 10, May 8, June 12, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm BAHA: Bay Area Hackers' Association Security Hacking Meeting 2nd Sundays at 272 and via Jitsi
Other Bay Area Consortium of Hackerspaces Events
Anyone can participate in a class or workshop at Noisebridge! No membership or payment is required!
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
The Noisebridge Manual: A compendium of wiki knowledge detailing how Noisebridge works.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Identity: A collection of resources revolving around our identity and logo.
The Neighborhood: What's in the neighborhood around 272 Capp Street
Hosting an Event at Noisebridge: Suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Discuss - General forum of Noisebridge; anyone can post!
- Discord - Chat with us on Discord!
- Slack (requires invite)
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Meetup - best up to date events list and good way to contact event hosts.
- To-do-ocracy - Help us complete our many improvements for Noisebridge! https://trello.com/b/votKcUok/lets-improve-noisebridge-pt-2-pandemic-boogaloo
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
- Here is our mailing address (different from our physical address):
2261 Market Street #235-A
San Francisco, CA 94114
272 Capp St,
San Francisco, CA 94110
Noisebridge grew out of Chaos Communications Camp in August, 2007. We have had regular weekly Tuesday meetings since September 2007. We rented our first physical space on September 1st 2008, which we quickly outgrew, and were at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location at 2169 Mission from September 1st 2009 to mid-2020; now at 272 Capp St. with 6,000 square feet just behind the old Mission St. location. Noisebridge was granted tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status in July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.