Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball
2017 SEPTEMBER 9-10 - EXHIBITION/BALL
 Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball
Noisebridge has existed as a community of hackers for 10 years and has been providing cyber infrastructure for 9 years!
Noisebridge has had an impact on countless hackers and has served as an inspiration, and sometimes warning, to other hackerspaces. It is a good time to see what we’ve accomplished during this time and analyze what we’ve learned from this experiment.
To set the mood, here are a few wiki pages that may be useful to recall:
To those affiliated with Noisebridge, now and in the past, from new regulars to old members, this call for volunteers goes out to you. Of course, if you've never been to Noisebridge, your help and presence is gladly welcomed.
If you have hacked and learned something at Noisebridge or any local hackerspace in the last 10 years, please take this opportunity to come share it with others. If you've never been to Noisebridge (or any hackerspace), this event will be an opportunity to see what this hackerspace is about. We’ll be setting up Noisebridge Hackerspace to display projects, make time for panels and presentations, share our stories, host classes, and have a party. Together, we will create an exhibition that shows all those who attend, and remind ourselves, of the value of this hackerspace and how excellent it is to be able to share it so much with so many others.
 Noisebridge Exhibition Preparations
If you would like to help get the space cleaned up, upgraded, and ready for the Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball please see this page for a list of tasks that would be welcome do-ocratic fixes and upgrades to the space. Please add your own as needed.
 Exhibition Schedule
The schedule of events is only as packed as we volunteer to make it. However, after 10 years, we probably have a few things we could talk about. As a starting off point here is a rough schedule for the weekend which we will modify as we develop and finalize events. Currently, all events are assumed to take place within Noisebridge.
The Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition - Conceptual Weekend Plan.
- 10:00 Setup
- 12:00 Opening Statement(s) and Project Show and tell
- 14:00 Discussion Panels, Workshops and Classes
- 18:00 Hackitorium Event
- 20:00 NOISEBRIDGE ANNIVERSARY BALL (Wikipage TBD)
- 10:00 Ball Cleanup and Setup
- 12:00 Project Show and tell
- 14:00 Discussion Panels, Workshops and Classes
- 17:00 Hackitorium Event(s)
- 19:00 Noisebridge Oral Histories
- 21:00 Closing statement(s)
 Event Descriptions and Presenter Biographies
"Noisebridge is a space for sharing, creation, collaboration, research, development, mentoring, and of course, learning."
Do you have knowledge and skills that you, and others, would like to share and which you think other hackers will find interesting? Why not host a discussion panel or workshop during the exhibition weekend?
Please propose it here and let people know. If you are looking for people to help host or join your panel please note that as well. We will finalize the event schedule as the Exhibition draws near.
Please use the following format:
- Event Name
- Event Type (for example: Discussion Panel, Workshop/Class, Performance, Game, etc)
- Description of Topic and Scope (please be specific)
- Expected duration
- Who is the point of contact and how to contact?
- Who all is presenting (Please include Bios and/or links for further reference)
- What you expect the audience to learn?
 Event Proposals
- Front-end Web Development: What's changed in the last 6 years
- Event Type: Presentation
- Description: Since I began teaching front-end web development at Noisebridge in 2011, a lot has changed in the industry and the technology. Let's take a look back at simpler times, and talk about the more important advancements in web development since then - but also what hasn't changed. This talk is great for those already in the industry, or those simply curious about what's new on the web since they last checked. I hope some of my former students can make it!
- Expected duration: 1 hour
- Contact: Jeffrey Carl Faden
- Crypto and Privacy Workshop
- Event Type: Workshop
- Description: Lightning talks on topics in cryptography followed by workshop to help people get started with privacy tools. People who are more advanced can help each other harden their computing setups. Also we can compare fingerprints of various sorts. Please get in touch with me if you would like to talk or teach!
- Expected duration: 2 hours or so depending on interest
- Contact: Yan
- Stupid Shit No One Needs and Terrible Ideas "Hackathon" retrospective
- Project Presentations
- The Stupid Hackathon has been an exciting part of Noisebridge for the past 3 years. We're asking previous participants to dust off their projects and show them off again, and maybe get a little more time to tell their story if wanted.
- Expected Duration: 30-90min depending on number of projects presented and time allotted per project.
- Contact: TBD
- Individual Presenters, Please list yourselves here:
- Presenter 01
- Presenter 02
- And so on...
- The Audience will see and learn novel solutions to some of the worlds most or least pressing problems.
- Intro to Welding
- Event Type -Class - Lecture and Hands on instruction
- Attendees will taught the basics of using the MIG/Flux Core welder at Noisebridge. 5 of the atteneds will be given the opportunity to try welding during the class.
- 90 minutes
- Contact Jarrod
- Attendees will learn how to setup our welder, how to use the related tools, how to weld safely, and the basics of preparing metals for welding. This class is intended to impart some comfort with the welder and jump-start self directed learning and practice regarding welding.
 Projects Show and Tell
Will we have tables, and most any space in Noisebridge, setup for people to display projects they have worked on in the space over the last 9 years. Showing up with projects during the exhibition setup times is welcome, the more the merrier. Nevertheless, if you would like to let people know in advance what you are bringing and presenting, please add it below. Please also link to any other documentation for your project. If you need special accommodations or setup and logistics help for your project please note that as well.
Please use the following format
- Project Name
- Creator and Contact information
- Link to documentation
- Any special requirements
- Angular Coffee Table
- Part of my first Dirty Shop project at Noisebridge in 2013
 Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball Volunteers
Would you like to help with the event? Do you need help with a portion of the event? Drop in volunteers before and during the Exhibition are of course welcome, but if you would like to help in a larger more specific way, Please add yourself below if you like and let others know what you can help with or what you will need help with.
Please use the following format
- Name and Contact Information
- Times available
- I would like help with...
- I am looking for help with...
 List of Volunteers
- X, 5IO.9OO.9626, @x
- I'm only available until August 10th, and generally open/available Thursday's.
- Can help with planning/promotion activities. Will also be around for the event later in the day Saturday and anytime thru Sunday.
- Ideally will have some things to exhibit as well, and could use someone to work with me in being prepared for setup teh day of.
 Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball Donors
Would you like to support the event with a donation? We will need food, drinks, and other supplies. If we have a silent auction for fundraising, is there something you would like to offer? As we plan the Exhibition, we'll add more specific things that we will be looking for help and donations for here.
 Things needed for the Exhibition and Ball
- General Funds
If you would like to donate to the event, please use the following format so we may keep in touch and make the most of your gift.
- Name and Contact information
- I would like to contribute...
 List of Donors
- yan (bcrypt on the noisebridge slack)
- I would like to contribute an Ubertooth One for the silent auction and/or moneys