This is a checklist of procedures for opening 272 Capp St. See also Closing
Opening Checklist for 272
- Basically, key in and turn on the lights. 4 light switches on main floor, all along left wall.
- Open upstairs windows and turn on window fans
- Do a quick run through of space to ensure no "overnight visitors" are still "checked in".
While in the space
- Rolling gate should be shut if you are the only hacker in the space or no hackers are perma-present in the front area of the first floor.
- It is cool to lift it slightly (a few inches) to help better ventilate the space.
- Keep exterior front door locked and gate locked, let others in who ring the gate buzzer.
Current Gate Status
The front "gate" is currently "locked" by 2 locks. (It is more just a simple deterrent to random street people). Soon this is expected to be replaced with an actual locking door that is being worked on currently.
- One black dial-style lock, the combo of which is 35 21 15
- One blue combo padlock, code is 1848
Eventually these should all be set to unlock with RFID or at least one standard key that members/Philanthropists have.
- Get the exterior front door key by learning about Closing the space and becoming a Philanthropist.
- Inner front and back doors can be unlocked by a third key which not many people have but we're about to change those locks to match the front door (July 15 2021)
- Turing room downstairs locks with an unknown key
- "Server room" in back downstairs locks with unknown key
- Electronics room upstairs locks with a key which is on a little shelf outside the room
- The RFID: talk with someone who knows about it (ask on slack)
- * enter your pin, then touch the card to open the door
- * enter your pin, then opt, then 200, then touch card, then have 2nd person enter their pin, then touch their card (this gives 30 days of access)
- * enter your pin, then opt, then 100, then take note of the IDX number and send that IDX number to either : daveb, tj, or sophia, who can add you to the access/member file! (for not having to renew every 30 days)
If you find this info is out of date, please change this page accordingly.