pony.noise is a headless GNU/Linux box at Noisebridge. (If you are looking for the Noisebridge Little Pony "Hopper" see Hopper)
To refresh jukebox once you've added new stuff at /data/d2/music/, either:
- go to pony.noise/juke, config, login, config, 'update db' (bottom right of popup), or
- log in to ssh://juke:email@example.com, run ncmpc, hit control-u
... and then wait. It take a while to update the database.
- From the main Noisebridge network, the IP address is 172.30.0.30, and DNS has it at pony.noise.
- From the Internet or the noisebridge-dsl wifi, a NAT port is forwarded from pony.noisebridge.net.
RSA key fingerprint is 9d:af:f4:94:70:65:ab:b2:af:a1:ad:03:2b:36:e6:43.
With the following stanza in ~/.ssh/config, you can ssh pony from outside, and ssh pony.local from inside.
Host pony | pony.local Hostname pony.noisebridge.net ForwardAgent no ForwardX11 no
If you want an account:
1) Create an account on this wiki.
2) Log in to it and go to your User page. You can get to your User page from the link with your new account name at the top of any wiki page.
3) Add whatever info to your User page that you'd like to have there.
4) Add public PGP key information to your User page (described below)
To add a SSH Key and an Adduser stanza to your User: page on the wiki; see User:Adi or User:Rubin110 or User:Miloh for examples. Then introduce yourself on the [rack] mailing list for an account. Any Noisebridge member who agrees to be excellent to each other is welcome to an account. All users get sudo apt-get access; additional administration duties will be shared as necessary (asking nice works better then threatening to root the box).
Requests to change a user's shell after the account has been created will require a personal favor or a Double Dare. (Or you can simply use chsh.)
Full sudoers (updated 20100222):
- Jack Perkins
- Benny Baumann
- Jeffrey Malone
There Are No Backups.
(Runs in a VM on Stallion, I believe)
- 2GB RAM
- 3-core 64-bit AMD CPU at 2.1 GHz
- 750GB system drive
- 2.5 TB data drives in eSATA chassis (/d1, /d2, /d3)
- Debian Lenny (5.0 stable) 32-bit install
- Can we get a 64-bit kernel at least? (pkg:linux-image-amd64) -Shawn
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/vda5 3.0G 1.5G 1.4G 54% / tmpfs 990M 0 990M 0% /lib/init/rw udev 985M 132K 985M 1% /dev tmpfs 990M 0 990M 0% /dev/shm /dev/vda1 194M 33M 152M 18% /boot /dev/vda9 2.0G 69M 1.9G 4% /tmp /dev/vda6 6.9G 5.6G 1.1G 85% /usr /dev/vda7 6.9G 1.4G 5.2G 21% /var /dev/vda8 5.0G 1.9G 2.9G 40% /var/log /dev/mapper/pony--data-home 504G 183G 296G 39% /home /dev/mapper/pony--data-d 1.8T 1.5T 223G 87% /data /dev/mapper/pony--data-www 9.9G 222M 9.2G 3% /var/www
Use the IP PDU documented on the Network page.