This is project page for installing shop doors on the woodshop.
- I'm Alex Peake User:lxpk and I know nothing about carpentry but I know Noisebridge needs noise relief to be able to talk and work while excellent craftsmanship is happening in the workshop. I need volunteers to help me install doors on the wood shop which I have never used myself so I am sadly unqualified in how to do this. Please email me at email@example.com if you have interest in helping or donating doors for the cause. Thanks!
- Volunteer by putting your name and contact down here or just install the doors sneaky like a ninja
- The main door: 7ft 8in x 7 ft tall ( 92 inches )
- The entrance side door: 3ft 3in x 7 ft tall ( 39 inches )
Door to use
- Are there any doors available or should we make one?
(Martin B) : For the entrance door, you can buy a pre-hung door from Home Depot, 36" wide x 80" tall. It comes with a frame, all you have to do is frame it into place, then put trim on both sides. Costs $50 and is available in both left and right handed hinges.
(Martin B) : For the main door, you can buy a pre-hung double door, again from Home Depot. Those are generally more expensive, but worth it for sound reduction. The JELD-WEN 72" x 80" door, pre-hung and primed, costs $319.