Signs and labels are some of the most advanced technology at Noisebridge. They allow users to communicate across the fourth dimension.
Signage is a great way to show people how things work or (more importantly) where they can get more information.
Most important thing: Please print out sign and cover it with clear mailing tape so that it lasts. It's better to make one good sign that lasts instead of several cheap ones. Please don't write or add your own commentary to signs.
 nburl.net URL Shortening Service
The http://nburl.net URL shortener is Noisebridge's url shortener. Often times these links will go to a wiki page. By putting a short URL on equipment and objects in the space, we provide a way for people to look up more info.
Ideally, the nburl url should reveal the following:
1. The instruction manual for this item, or any records related to it.
2. Where to put the object when you are done with it.
3. Any scheduling info related to this object, or if it is currently being used by someone else for a project.
 Sign Defacement
Signs help point out stuff to people. Please don't deface the printed signs. The following people have agreed to donate towards a $1 a day fundraiser for Noisebridge for each day the printed signs go without being defaced:
 Needed Signage
- Fire escape "keep this door locked" sign. (up is locked)
- Record of when/who cleaned the bathrooms.
- Sign above the kitchen sinks about the leftover dirty dish policy
- Improved sign for the treechopper printer and how to use it.
- More "where's the bathroom" signs.
- Announcements section to the "now playing" white board.
- New "buy a tshirt signs" to replace the old ones.
- Giant, light up donation sign
- Signs for the bathroom doors
- Elevator/trash room signs
- NoiseFacts signs for the bathroom doors
- Pole 9
- Addressing scheme for the member shelves.
- Addresses for the daily use shelves. (4 x 4)
- T-shirt daily shelf sign. (Move all the t-shirts together. Put in a box that fits in there.
- Whiteboard calendar that can have things moved around on it?