Signage is a great way to show people how things work or (more importantly) where they can get more information.
- Print out sign and cover it with clear mailing tape so that it lasts. It's better to make one good sign that lasts instead of several cheap ones.
- Don't write or add your own commentary to signs.
- Don't waste Noisebridge stickers as tape to affix signs.
Put Shortened Wiki Redirect URLs and QR Codes on signs
Signs should have a big clear short Noisebridge.net/wikipage URL at the bottom.
If a page has a long name, make a new page with (POUND SYMBOL) REDIRECT (PAREN)(PAREN)Name of page to redirect to(UNPAREN)(UNPAREN). That page functions as a shorter URL to redirect to the longer-named page. Use the short URL on the signage and the QR code.
Often times signs should link to a Noisebridge wiki page. By putting a short URL on equipment and objects in the space, we provide a way for people to look up more info.
Ideally, the wiki page should reveal the following:
1. The instruction manual for this item, or any records related to it.
2. Where to put the object when you are done with it.
3. Any scheduling info related to this object, or if it is currently being used by someone else for a project.
Signs help point out stuff to people. Please don't deface the printed signs, rather go to the wiki page they point to and use the wiki discuss page to suggest changes to the wiki page or the signage pointing to it. Or just make the improvements yourself!
- fire escape nb sign
- VR cart
- Sewing machine QR codes
- ordie booth QR code
- Ngalac QR code
- Gnar center
- Gaw center
- Parts area
- qr code for lockers
Recently Added Signs
- Elevator/trash room signs