Spacebridge meeting Jan 10th 2012 at Noisebridge
Build new payload bus
Cut acrylic components - Onno \ Mark
unified power bus \ power distribution system - Onno \ Mark
Find a up new GPS tracker / APRS Transmitter - Adam
find new source for 2300g balloons - Jason 1) http://dalebennion.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50 - $25 for surplus manuf in 1982 (!) 2) Same: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIANT-Weather-Balloon-Meteorological-Military-8-Dia-/330626487344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfadfd430 3) 1200g for $99 (for testing?): http://www.pawanexport.com/meteorological-weather-balloons.html 4) another source, including a possible 3000g balloon: http://kaymontballoons.com/Near_Space_Photography.html ($120 for 1500g; $385 for 3000g; buy 2 1500g, get 500g free)
Ground support box \ launch organization - ??
ground tracking equipment box - ??
Android tracking, sleep phone when not used - Christopher
Kill switch - ??
Build Birthing bag design - Christopher
get sand bags -
pressure gauge -
Spacebridge meeting Sep 11th 2011 at Noisebridge
Christopher and Onno
- we need a new balloon source
- the $150 are probably too small - the 100g balloons were free
- we need a better battery
- battery power split/managed - better battery for the arduino/intervalometer - intervalometer - better battery for the camera - power bus?
- we need better launch organisation - better cabling for the video equipment - suggestion (Onno, former discussion with Mark): Build nice acryclic frame to mount everything,
- power wires etc.
- we need video recording - birthing bag - better video receiver
- 'ground support equipment' with nice video screen, video recording, video streaming
- get legal information/double check on multiple payloads per balloon and
- build a rope-cut device. Avoid running a set of cables to above the
- parachute. Heat wire around nylon rope? - test cutting device in freezer (is completely exposed to ambient - temperature!)
- order styrofoam, new, larger - have item tracking list on wiki - cleanup spacebridge wiki pages