Talk:Five Minutes of Fame
 Organizer Notes
For those who help organize 5moF, here are the steps we need to follow every month to party on:
- Volunteer coordination
- 5moF needs more volunteers! Would you like to help organize/setup/invite speakers?
- Speaker soliciting
- If we want excellent talks we can send a Five Minutes of Fame Speaker Invitation to the people who have interesting things to talk about.
- Speaker nominating
- Add names of speakers and possible topics that would rock the mic / share something that not enough people know about here...
- Patrick - do a live crypto challenge in 5 minutes?
- Speaker scheduling
- Use the 5moF Trello Board to track the speaker's queue. (Ask to join the Noisebridge trello team)
- Respond to 5moF talk submission emails as they come in and add them to the speaker's queue
- Select ~10 speakers at top of queue / who fit with the theme / with timely announcement talks or limited availability
- Invite speakers to their upcoming talk opportunity and inform 1-2 others that they are next and to be there to fill in for MIAs
- Put invitees back into the queue if they don't confirm and invite the next-ups to confirm the slots
- Week of event checklist:
- The Monday prior, speakers will be reminded of commitment.
- The night before 5mof another mail will ask for any slides or special setup speakers might need.
- Day of event checklist:
- Open bottom gate
- Mute Pegasus
- Get mixer + mics working
- Projector test
- Light up podium
- Parcans/house lighting
- Chairs (all of them) (Q: Is there still a cache of chairs in basement?)
- Pack of beer / pizza for help team
- Extricate J from the elevator
- Headcount to make sure no one was left in the basement