- Please sign up below if you're interested in helping plan this event. Make sure to indicate when you would be available to meet, in person, to discuss party planning.
- gba - Tuesday, Thursday & Friday Evenings. Saturday all day, Sunday all day.
- ladyfox14 - Tuesday-Saturday all day though I will be busy checking out apartments this month as well as covering extra work shifts
- rubin110 - Friday the 17th most likely.
- Jof - I will likely be around at the event as well as be up super late to help tidy up afterwards.
Meeting Notes 20081018
- at the meeting
- Someone suggested bracelets, but why? nobody here to support
- Suggested that the invite, when written, will be to "A Member and a Guest"
- Suggested name for the open house: "Halloween Hack"
- Designated drivers or transportation would be nice for Mik.
- Suggested time for event: 7p - 11p
- For general meeting: We need volunteers for cleanup
- Suggested beer for the keg: Bass (NO ARGUMENTS HEARD ON THIS ONE)
- For general meeting: Can we use noisebridge funds for party supplies?
- For General Meeting: What projects would we like to show off at the open house?
- Suggested Projects
- Stein's Wii visuals
- Hacked Pumpkins
- Stanford laptop orchestra
- Suggested Projects
- For General meeting: Safety: People need to bring important shit home for the open house.
- Suggested time for costume contest: 9PM
- Need to know: how late can we go, and at what noise level?
- Suggestions for Music:
- Jukebox with controller
- Mix CD compiled by someone
- For general meeting: we would like people to RSVP by the tuesday before the open house
- We need to draft the invite
- we'd like to use disposable & environmentally friendly party supplies
- suggestion for decorations: j-pop theme, with UV lights
gba 17:55, 20 October 2008 (PDT)
Comments & Discussion
PLEASE: Use the [+] tab above to add comments.
A comment typically looks like this:
---- I think we should serve chicken feet. ~~~~ ----
- Ideas for the party
- We should show off some cool projects, like the Wii visuals system.
- We should have inclusive snacks and beverages.
- This means alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks.
- This means vegetarian friendly munchies.
- In parallel with "non-restricted" munchies? Michiexile 17:44, 15 October 2008 (PDT)
gba 00:31, 15 October 2008 (PDT)
- We should have cool visuals playing on the projector.
- It would be cool if we had face paint if anyone wanted to get creative. And anyone for glow sticks?
- We need to remember to get wrist bands to give out to the attendees.
Actually ... y'know .. chicken feet _would_ be cool.
- Homebrew candy - candycanes? (difficult, involves HOT sugar and preferably marble benches), candied stuff (violet, lavender, ginger, et.c. - involves MUCH less mess, but still hot sugar), chocolate, et.c.
Michiexile 17:44, 15 October 2008 (PDT)
Websites with halloween-themed projects
- Processing artwork -Endenizen 17:21, 15 October 2008 (PDT)
- Pumpkin showcases from the workshop Michiexile 17:42, 15 October 2008 (PDT)
Thoughst and ideas
Thanks for the notes, here are some thoughts I had.
- Stamps are easier to deal with then bracelets. I have a nifty star stamp.
- Bracelets will be good for those over 21, or whoever is handing out beer needs to check ID (I know it's lame).
- 9 PM is quiet time, 9:01 is when the lady across the street starts to complain. We've learned that the place is actually pretty well insulated for noise (i.e. you can't hear much from the outside). All we have to make sure is to not have too many people outside talking loudly, and to keep the door closed after 9.
- I can most likely find us a DJ to spin some interesting tunes during the early hours, and chill/ambient during the late hours.
- It might be neat to have the main floor as a social talking area, and then the mezzanine as where we show off some artsy things that are small, such as photos or art via LCDs, etc.
- If we're going to have someone serving beer, might I suggest we also buy $30 worth of 2 Buck Chuck and relabel it as Noisebridge Cellars?
- I like the idea of limited invite per member, but I think something more like 3 or 5 guests per member is better, a) not all members will show up, b) not all members will use up all invites, c) not everyone will be there at the same time (it is halloween).
- Pamphlets! Let's have stuff printed out to hand to people who haven't been to the space before, have it discuss our mission and goals, URL, etc.
--Rubin110 21:31, 20 October 2008 (PDT)
SF noise ordinance
Can be found here: http://www.municode.com/Resources/gateway.asp?pid=14140&sid=5
Click through to Article 29, Noise. Dmolnar 15:55, 21 October 2008 (PDT)
Thursday Task List
Clean the space up, duh. Clear out any tables and put things on shelves. Tidy up the East shelves. Shove the long table against the West wall. Figure out what things should be tossed into the fish tank. Leave room in the fish tank for the possibility of more bike parking. Figure out a way to create a small bar.Fuckin awesome. Take a look at the bathroom and see if it needs cleaning. Clean out the mezzanine, shelves and tables.Did the most I could. Possibly vacuum.Fuck that. Move the bigger of the two couches into the second half of the mezzanine.Scrapped this plan. Setup photos and lighting for said photos.
- Figure out music (not sucky playlist).