Fix the plywood material list to include indoors versus outdoors grade. Outdoor grade has a problem. How do people easily buy the right one?
Maybe we need some more guidance on how to change power and speed. Maybe a reasonable amount that you can change the speed and power.
All - Finish and publish the "new training" section in a "Laser Training" wiki page: https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Laser_Training Darryl - Make the standard training .rld file and publish as gist / link on wiki (from new laser training)
- Remove most non-safety training material from the training plan.
- Trim the training to the minimum amount that people can learn to safely use the laser.
- Reduce the amount of 'computer use' during the training.
- Training should no longer include 'creating your .rld file'
1. Can we totally remove the workflow from the training and still discuss each safety step? - No!
How do we train right now?
Darryl: I go through the main workflow in the laser manual: https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Laser_Manual#Workflows Ruth: I use the training that I posted on the slack channel: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cHyqeN5BDNAb-hnAI7YQzqRtgbAzb6NoUe4fp9R0OiU/edit?usp=sharing
How long does training take right now?
- Darryl - 30 minutes per person not including safety
- Ruth - 90 minutes for a class of 5
What factors impact training speed?
- If people are computer savvy, it is much faster.
- If people are not computer savvy, it is much slower.
- Power users are fast.
We have evidence that fires can happen!
- Ruth has set one fire with the 20mm pine (after the power limit increase from 55 to 100)
- Darryl has set no fires and heard of no fires
- Trent has set no fires and heard of no fires