NOPE - Toorcamp 2016
|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | (Edit)|
|Events | Hosting | Streaming | Meetup | Upcoming Events | Anniversaries | Hackathons | External Events | (Edit)|
|External Events | Noisebooth | Sunday Streets | Dorkbot | CCC | Maker Faire | Toorcamp | Hacker Trip To China | DEFCON | Edit|
NOPE: Norton's Obscure Phoggy Embassy
Toorcamp is happening from June 8th to 12th 2016 at Doe Bay Resort on Orcas Island of northwest Washington State! A bunch of Noisebridgers and friends are headed and we want to make a NOPE village happen!
How to camp with NOPE!
Please be excellent. If you've been asked to not come to Noisebridge, Sudoroom or any of our past embassy/camps/villages/burbs, you're also not welcome in our Toorcamp camp.
- STEP ONE: BE EXCELLENT - Read and understand our Anti-Harassment Policy and Community Standards. To enter the NOPE village you must agree to these two guidelines set forth.
- STEP TWO: COMMUNICATE
- Please subscribe to the NOPE Toorcamp mailing list so we can communicate.
- Be friendly, send an email introducing yourself. Remember we're all going to be camping together for about a week.
- Join #toorcamp on Noisebridge's Slack instance, if you're not on Slack just ask nicely on the mailing list.
- STEP THREE: FILL OUT THE ROSTER
- Go to this roster and fill in your name plus as many details as you feel comfortable with.
- Please volunteer to help with NOPE Village setup and cleanup (it's another page on that spreadsheet).
- Throw a link to a photo of yourself so others know what you look like.
- STEP FOUR: COME TO A GATHERING AT NOISEBRIDGE
- It's nice to meet up in person before doing the camping together thing.
- NEXT GATHERING: ???
Getting a bunch of hacker gear to the Orcas Islands will be no easy thing. If you have a vehicle which you're thinking of driving up to WA in and want to turn your trip into a hacker roadtrip then post your name on the Rideshare page of the Roster spreadsheet and let's make that happen!
Alternatively it's possible to fly to nearby airports, but from there it's still a multi-hour drive to the event. You can check out the wiki for more information about traveling to camp by land, sea, and air.