ZIP ZINE-IN-PRODUCTION PROCESS
ZIP Prelaunch Checklist
- Make a ZIP# page based on the ZIP/Template for the upcoming issue's development and list it as the next issue in progress.
- Give it a clever Acroname.
- Add article concept pitches.
- Announce the issue in development needs writers and mention some story pitches in need of authors, photographers and artists to develop them at meetings via ongoing announcements.
- ASSEMBLE ARTICLES
- Put the text of each article as it is in development under /ZIP#/articletitle
- Have each article's text designed into a cool page layout by an artist along with any photography and illustrations.
- PROOF TESTING
- Package the finished page layouts into a PDF
- Announce final proof-reading test release.
- Once it passes proof-reading corrections, repackage the final version!
- Upload the final proofed version to Internet Archive to match the naming scheme of the others.
Acronaming Each Issue
Each issue needs a cleverly confusing acronym name using the Z I P letters, like Zoos Irradiate Pandas.