Meeting Notes 2013 08 27

From Noisebridge
Jump to: navigation, search

You should read the meeting instructions forthwith!
Don't forget to post the meeting notes to the wiki and e-mail the discussion list with a short summary.

These are the notes from the The 280th Meeting of Noisebridge. Note-taker: Kevin; Moderator: Jarrod.

  • One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.

Contents

[edit] Short announcements and events

  • God Waffle Noise Pancakes will be @ Noisebridge hosting Noise show on Sept. 21, 12:00-14:00
  • Zulu testing of Noisebridge app on wireframe, boosting to alpha tonight
  • In the Works - all the last members evicted last night, new collective forming in Emoryville
  • Know Nodes workshop alt method for sharing ideas on the web - connects makers and creators

[edit] Membership Binder

  • Nobody

[edit] Financial Report

  • Funds in bank: $33,615.36 + money from James Sunquist/Fundraiser party + $74 from donation bins
  • Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):

[edit] Consensus items

[edit] Proposals from last week

  • James S. create formal process for reentry into community (not present, deferred)

[edit] Proposals for next week

  • Robert proposes a person must have at least a minimum of one active project to be at Noisebridge

We can already do this.
Homeless camp-out at 5/6:00. Felt alone in wanting everyone to leave.
Rooster brigade was effective. Came at 5/7:00 and asked folks to leave.
What does Robert mean "do nothing"? Folks sleep here after exhausting themselves hacking. Focus on being caring.
Noisebridge == stupid science club, not trying to solve classism. Hacking/not hacking infrastructure problem.
Noisebridge != squat.
Need clarification on what 'a project' entails.
Is cleaning a project? Taking out the garbage?

  • Pidgeon proposes to ban Dru from Noisebridge until there can be a confirmation that he does not jeopardize Noisebridge as a safespace

Andrew accused of sexual assault and not banned. Allegedly molested two people. Possibly witnessed one instance. Many people have left because of this.
Cannot make an informed decision without knowing what happened.
There was a massage that happened in the Hack-a-tor-ium.
Lillian emailed Dru very recently, Dru read email out loud.
Failure mode of Noisebridge, people don't come to Noisebridge because they feel physically harassed when they come here. Need a better way to deal with this. Other hackerspaces have a harassment procedure, statement of values, etc....

[edit] Discussion Notes

  • Noisebridge Radio

In ~1.5 months will have opportunity to have 'Noisebridge Radio'
Help to check for interference signals
Will have ~3.5mi range, consider the hills
Norman will handle filings with FCC
Needs permission to install an antenna on the roof
Points system from the FCC:

  1. Must file
  2. ~12 hours programming per day
  3. 100 Watts
  4. In the neighborhood for 2 years

Permit to build
Permit to transmit
Deadline is October 17th
Radio station in DJ booth
First time in 20 years FCC to add urban stations

  • Ryan is making an iPhone app for Noisebridge

Putting out a general request for feedback
Tools
Event calendar
Link into Robert's proposed website

  • Chris

Big guy, smokes crack from 16th and Mission
Refers to the space as home
Aggro and threatens people
What to do?
Look like Henry Rollins
Verbal attacks
Nice if people like that had mugshots
In appropriate sexual remarks
In appropriate personal questions
Moved to a formal consensus proposal
Open call for everyone to tell Chris to leave a return to next Tuesday meeting

  • Robert creating command center
  • Andrew discussion of death threats

Returned to Noisebridge, expecting good faith mediation response
Lillian offered to speak with person making death threats
Request that use of word rape in discussion cease as it is an incitement to violence
Dru doing as much as he can, outreach
Email to RedShirts list specifying Kim as having made death threats
Noisebridge fail
Others have felt threatened by Kim in the space
Kim not capable of killing Dru
Possible fails are related?
Ask Kim to leave and not return til Tuesday meeting

[edit] Attendance

  • Norman into radio
  • Ryan newish
  • Cynthia kitchen person, hangs out with brain people
  • Helen astrophysics, heavy machinery, electronics
  • Monad tinkerer
  • Budliser game designer
  • Andrew hacks Android phones and neuroscience
  • Dana Arduinos and LEDs
  • Pidgeon waste hacker, sewing, interested in circuit hacking
  • Rachel painter, interested in nutrition
  • Kris hoping to become a member
  • Robert hacker
  • Holly writer
  • Douglas building an analog digital hybrid synthesizer
  • Carlos knight of the lambda calculus
  • Kevin lean to install capacitive touch censors
  • Joseph hacker, makes necklaces
  • Jarrod jr architect

Now that the meeting is over, don't forget to post the meeting notes to the wiki and e-mail the discussion list with a short summary.

Personal tools