This page is for hacking on the frontpage of Noisebridge. This is currently being used to collaboratively organize and design parts of the frontpage, and to prototype it before putting it up.
Our landlord has agreed to renew our lease for another year. During that time, we are raising funds so we can move. Please spread the word, and sign up for a $10, $30, $60, or $80 monthly donation.
Eg. Fundraising situation, major donor announcements, big things people have done at the space, etc.
This could be a rotating banner of things
Noisebridge an anarchist hackerspace in San Francisco, and one of the oldest hackerspaces in the US. We grew out of conversations between attendees of Chaos Communication Congress 2007 (24c3), and wee originally modeled on c-base in Berlin and Metalab in Vienna. We aim to provide a space for people to hack, create, learn, and explore in a safe, welcoming, and accessible environment.
You don't have to be a member or pay anything to participate in Noisebridge, we're free and open. You just have to follow the one rule: Be Excellent to Each Other!
We run on the principles of Do-ocracy and Consensus.
2169 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110
Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/TLj2BChMKMP2
- Attend some Events
- Come hang out during OpenHours
Help Us Grow
- Restock Supplies
- Do Cleaning
Social Media, etc.
Mailing Lists: Mailinglist
You don't need to be a member to participate in a class or workshop at Noisebridge!
Not all events make it onto this calendar. And some of the listings here may be out of date.
Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC, our Noisebridge Meetup page <https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge>, or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some eventSs just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Resources For Hosting Events
== --COVID-19 UPDATE-- ==
Noisebridge is closed right now (for saftey, following the Governer's order) but many classes are still happening online! Come check out the new discuss forum and connect with us to check out cool new classes
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E Take Out the Trash Night - Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- 3rd Mondays is the original Circuit Hacking Mondays. Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. People can bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Church Classroom.
- E 8:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
3:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Whiteboarding & Algorithms Workshop - Wednesday Edition - Let's practice whiteboarding, algorithms, and other interviewing techniques together!! =D This event will be in the Hackitorium!! ^_^ (This is also a support group for job
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery (in an abundance of coronavirus caution - on Hiatus until Further Notice) - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
8:00 pm to 11:00 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Digital Art Wednesdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share 2D/3D art. We will explore a variety of tools and techniques for digital visual art creation. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (@ the Noise Square Table).
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes ~1:30am to 2:30am.
- 3rdE 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM -- Queer Game Dev Meetup (QGDM) in the Noisebridge HackItorium -- Come check out the next Queer Game Dev Meetup, in the Mission District in San Francisco. Here you will find other queer game devs, game-making enthusiasts, and be a part of an inclusive community that welcomes everyone who is interested in creating games. With language support in English, Español, and Português!
- E 7:00 pm to 8:00 am Hacknights happens every friday rain or shine, its the magical night when Noisebridge is open to the public ALL NIGHT LONG!! Meet in Hackitorium RSVP by following this link https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/254878863/
- E 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Technology & Computerology & Systemology --- Technology: The study of creating, use, evolution and history of things. Computerology: The study of computers, or any kind of work with computers; computing. Systemology: The study and evolution of systems.
- E 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm FUN Tutoring in Church or CollaborationStation
- E From Hack to Cash!
7pm - 8:15pm Sunday
Monetizing and crowdfunding your next project!
Taught by Kobby, a successful CEO and electronics hobbyiest who raised >$130K via kickstarter.
More info here.